Jan 15, 2021
The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Fashion Merchandising & Management degree program offers a curriculum that will give students a competitive advantage in fashion and fashion related industries. This is a highly specialized, information-intensive academic program that allows graduates to begin their careers upon graduation or enter a bachelor’s degree program. This program can be completed face-to-face or fully online.
Registered HEGIS Code 5004
(Total credits: 61/62)
(Total liberal arts credits: 24)
LIM College Core
Required Courses - 10 Credits
General Education Requirements
Required Courses - 15 Credits
Career Education & Internship Requirements
Required Courses - 4 credits
Business Core Requirements
Required Courses - 9 Credits
Fashion Merchandising & Management Major Requirements
Required Courses - 12 Credits
General Electives are any courses numbered 1000 or higher (except CARE 1890 - Micro-Internship (Optional)) which are not specifically required for the student’s degree program.
Liberal Arts & Sciences Electives
Liberal Arts Electives are any non-remedial courses offered by the Arts & Sciences department with the following prefixes: COMM, ECON, ENGL, ARTS, HIST, LANG, MATH, NTSC, PHIL, POLS, PSYC, and SOCI plus INTD 2511 , not specifically required for a major and vary depending upon major course requirements.
Associate Degree Notes
- All courses are required, except where choice is indicated.
- First Year Experience or College Success for Online Students is required for all first-time freshmen or students who have transferred in less than 13 credits.
- For all associate degree students, a minimum of 30 credits must be completed at LIM College in order to fulfill the residency requirement.
- All students are required to take CARE 1300 - Internship Prep: Designing your Career
- Students who do not have prior retail experience, or do not meet the qualifications listed below, are also required to complete CARE 1620 - Internship I prior to graduation.
- Students who have 24 or more credits and at least 1,000 hours of retail or corporate experience within the past five years can qualify out of CARE 1620 and take another course to replace those credits.
- Students who have less than 24 credits and at least 2,000 hours of retail or corporate experience within the past five years and can qualify out of CARE 1620 and take another course to replace those credits.
Verifiable proof of retail or corporate experience will be required. Students must submit a resume with one of the following:
- Signed letter from their employer(s) on company letterhead verifying hours worked and overview of responsibilities
- W2 with a corresponding paystub from the W2 year
- pay stub
Students are encouraged to submit all retail experience accrued from multiple employers, if applicable.
English and Mathematics Placement
All undergraduate students who enroll at LIM College are assessed in the areas of writing and mathematics to ensure they receive adequate support while completing required coursework*.
Students are assessed by either:
- Submitting ACT or SAT scores for review
- Completing the LIM College placement tests
In addition, college-level English composition and mathematics courses will be reviewed for equivalency and used when determining placement test requirements.
Students will be placed based on any of the above submissions. If multiple submissions are made, LIM College will use the placement criteria that demonstrates the highest level of proficiency. Students who choose not to submit ACT/SAT scores and who do not take the LIM College placement test will automatically be placed into corequisite developmental courses in Writing and Statistics.
Corequisite developmental education courses do not carry credit towards the degree, but do carry hours which count towards full-time status. See Undergraduate Credits and Hours for further information.
*Students accepted into the Fashion Scholars program are qualified out of developmental education course work.
Global Pathway to Fashion Program
Students enrolled in the Global Pathway to Fashion Program will complete the following: